Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The case of the moneky's tail

Here's a photo of the girls in our hotel lobby in San Diego. Not a great photo, but we do need to cherish these photos of Evey while she's still shorter than her Grandma Judy...

You can see by the photo that Adro is holding on to, well, a leash... connected to Evey's backpack. While we were in San Diego, Evey often wore a monkey back pack that had this long tail. She loved this back pack. She'd put it on, and ask one of us, "Hold my tail!"

Before this trip, I always hated the look of these things. I mean, keeping your kid on a leash?

But now that we did it for a week, I have a different perspective. It helped that Evey loved the thing, and never fought us. But it was also good to know that Evey couldn't run too far away... it kept her out of the revolving door at the hotel, out of the street downtown, etc. It even kept her from falling once, as she was about to bite it as I was holding on to the tail, and as she about hit, I yanked her back up before she could hit the ground.

***Went and saw Avatar with my Mom last week. Pretty cool movie! I would suggest you go see it in the theaters while you still can. It was an intense three hours. At first, during the set-up, I didn't think I was going to enjoy the movie. But once the main character went into the machine and became one of the natives, I was hooked. That was cool.

***Also went down to Stillwater to see the KU/OSU debacle with my friend Travis. I'll share a bunch of photos later. Still a great time, even though the game didn't go our way.

No comments: