Sunday, March 21, 2010

My 10-year, no-KU-anger pact





Here are a couple photos... thanks to my cousin Melissa for sending the first one to me.

The first photo is of Mom, Dad and Jett... I think they're at Uncle Vince's wedding here? If the date is correct this was taken four months before Dad died. Good friends Richard and Dale are in the background chatting.

The second photo is Evey in the tub. There's a bath toy, these pellets, that dye the water. Evey likes taking colored baths. If I ever took a bath, I'd probably like there to be color in the water, too. But not yellow.
Pretty crappy game on Saturday, eh? I was a little bit mad for a while... and then I remembered that I vowed not to get mad again at the 'Hawks for a ten-year window after the 2008 championship. I'll still abide by my self-imposed ten-year no-anger pact with the 'Hawks.
Had I decided to not honor that contract, I'd say such things as, "they thought they were entitled to a win," "they came out tentative and expected the other team to roll over," and "I'd trade Xavier Henry for Ali Fukalshiimama straight up any day." But I'm abiding by the pact, and will not say such things.
Instead, I only remind you that 2008 was one awesome run, and there's always next year.

No comments: