Monday, March 29, 2010

2 + 2 = 5 (The Lukewarm) ((and Dancing with the Stars))




I just decided that the month of April will be all Radiohead song titles for blog post titles. And I'm starting early.

This title is inspired by the fact that last night, around 11 p.m. (about 22 hours ago), I finally decided to put a counter on this blog. You can find it on the right-hand column, beneath the archive of blog posts.

I'm very excited by the numbers... as of this writing, I'm at 48 hits, and that's within 24 hours of posting the counter. I know I checked the blog four times to monitor the counter, and I know Adro clicked over here twice today (she told me so). I don't think Evey checked in at all today. So, minus the Jones family, that's 42 hits in less that a day. Pretty solid! (And I know the number is probably skewey based on spammers and whatever else... regardless, I'm excited, even if only 10% of that number -- 4.8 people -- were real people who came by the blog today.)

I did set the counter to count every view of the site, not only unique views. So if you check back three times a day... well, I don't care, someone is still looking at the blog, and that makes me happy.

Now... Dancing with the Stars.

I've never watched this show before, and I never plan on watching it again... but there is one thing that is drawing me into this show right now. No, not Pamela Anderson... not Erin Andrews... not the Pussycat Doll... it's Kate Gosselin!

Yep! I want to see that witch go down!

I dislike Kate on a Sarah Palin-like level. Someone needs to start a Web site where we can raise money... donate a dollar, 50 cents goes to Haiti, 50 cents goes to bribing her dance partner to drop her on her head. Talk about worthy causes!

There are some things I don't get about the show. If you've watched before, maybe you can help me:

Why is everyone orange?
Does the old judge like dancing at all, or is he just there to bitch?
What is the incentive for these famous and wealthy people to win? Is there a cash prize, or a donation to a charity? Or is it just incentive enough to be there when Kate gets dropped?

...DROP KATE!!!
The photos accompanying this post are pics of Evey and her pancakes in San Diego... some fancy breakfast place we stumbled upon downtown. The time difference was in our advantage, we strolled right in the place when we got there around 8 a.m., when we left an hour later, there was a line going down the street!

1 comment:

CJ said...

They're orange because ballroom dancing is for douchebags (just look at all the male dancers if you need proof), it goes with the territory. The judges are apparently all very qualified for doing this, but I'm sure they were mainly chosen for their diversity and "persona". The incentive for all is an extension for their 15 minutes of fame, I don't believe there's any money involved. Think whatever you like about why I possess knowledge of this atrocious bit of television fluff. My wife is a HUGE fan of the show and never misses it. My computer happens to be in the living room at our home, so I simply wind up listening to the show due to proximity. The only thing better than seeing Kate Gosselin go down would be seeing both her and her lazy-ass, Ed Hardy wearing loser, "mooch off the system as long as I can" ex-husband go down in a hail of gunfire, preferably fired by yours truly.