Monday, March 15, 2010

Let me show you the world through Evey's eyes













Here is a good use for your old electronics: give them to your kids!

Yup, I've always had a hard time throwing away an old digital camera, even if it didn't work well, or the hardware was obsolete. Well, Evey was always interested in my camera, but that's MY camera... I don't want her playing with it. I don't want it to get broken. And she's too smart for a fake toy camera...

That's when it dawned on me -- pull out one of my old working digital cameras. The camera is a good six, seven years old... still works, but the weight of the thing, the screen size, the resolution of the photos -- it's crappy compared to the stuff we're using today. But Evey thinks it's the best thing ever!

So Evey has her own digital camera to shoot photos with now. She's getting better at it with practice. I downloaded the first batch of photos so you can see some examples of what she's doing right now. In the future, I'm sure I'll only save the good ones.

Evey also has a real cell phone. It's my old cell phone from five or so years ago. Again, I have a hard time throwing away electronics. And now, Evey feels like a rock star with her real cell phone... she had a fake plastic one for a while, now she has a REAL plastic one.

Here's her conversation in the backseat while we were driving home from work today:

"Hi Sadie."
"Do you want to come over?"
"OK! Let me ask my Mom and Dad."
"Mom, Dad! Sadie wants to come over!"
"OK, Sadie, you can come over!"

The whole time me and Adro are having our own conversation -- Evey is entertaining herself with this pretend phone call.

(At least, I think it was pretend. I better check that phone when I get a chance.)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I just told Sadie that Evey talked to her on the phone today. Sadie shook her head yes and said "I know."

Seth said...

I KNEW IT!!!

Evey keeps texting to donate to Haiti, too. Yeah, she's generous, but I'M the one who has to pay for it!!!