Friday, March 16, 2007

MADNESS!!!







It has begun!

I'm taking the day off to stay home with the baby and celebrate properly, our first day of March Madness together. We had to put the magazine to bed yesterday, so I didn't get to watch many of the day games. I did get to join the Rinnerts at their casa to see the Dukies go down last night. Boo-yeah!

Today is all March Madness... last year I was in New Orleans on this opening weekend. Quite a 180 from one year to the next, eh? Last year I was in one of the most depressing places I'd ever been, working my ass off. This year I'm a happily married father, excited to burn a day of vacation and watch games while holding my little baby Evey (who currently is sleeping in this morning in her bassonet).

Danny P will be joining us for the Madness... you'll probably see a few posts today of what I expect to be a truly great day!
(By the way, I'm a sophomore in college in that first photo, in New Orleans when we lost to Kentucky in the second round... 1998? The next photo is again in NO, at the Superdome, for the KU/Marquette final four game. The last photo is from our seats for the KU/UK game in 98, also in the Superdome... quite a different view, eh?)

No comments: