Thursday, March 29, 2007

57


Just what I feared... I'm getting worse with each round.

Me, Neuty and Anj went out to Alvamar for a quick nine holes. I shot a 57, Ande a 50, Neuty a 44, I think. He was on a mission, mad because I posted here that I beat him last week. He finished his round out going par, par, birdie, bogey. Pretty fierce.

I had no highlights. Didn't putt very well. Didn't drive very well. Mid-range irons were mediocre. This is not the direction I wanted to go before heading to Sage Valley next week.

Maybe it was because I had a few beers on the course... but not many, three spread out over three hours. Maybe it was because I was rushing my shots? Or eager to watch them? Or that I was trying to muscle the ball around?

In all honesty, I think my biggest problem was lack of concentration. I just was having a good time, popping off jokes, not really worried about my golf score... and my golf score showed it.

I'm pretty sure Neuty hit a bird on No. 9. He blasted a drive (he was crushing the ball all day) and as it flew off into the horizon, I noticed a smattering of birds approaching from a 90-degree angle... and then, suddenly, it looked like one of the birds suddenly dropped a few feet, only to continue flying. I shouted, "Dude, you hit that bird!" And then Ande and Eric looked at me like I was crazy... so maybe my eyes played a trick on me. Maybe three beers in three hours is enough to make me see things.

Or maybe Neuty is just a bird killer.
(OK, now that I've downloaded my photos, I see why I'm terrible at golf -- look at my form! I look all hunched over, more weird angles than a pretzel. After seeing this photo, I should just quit. Gah!)

1 comment:

Commodore Lerve said...

When your game gets to the point where you count how many houses you hit in your round, then you know there's some problems.

According to a competing blogger, it sounds like the 5th hole still proves to have a spell over the group. Next time I'm back, I'll play that hole with a 7 iron and par it.

This just in, Dawson's Creek still is a guilty pleasure. It's the one where Dawson is dating this older girl and they're having the "sex" conversation. I learned so much...