Tuesday, August 31, 2010

All for Alf!



Especially Evey readers have spoken -- they want ALF on their fictional cable network!

It looks like the final tally will be Alf, 13... Greatest American Hero, 4... Muppet Babies 3... and Swamp Thing 1. (I'd like to thank the one person who voted for Swamp Thing... it wasn't me, but I liked that show! It deserved more than 1 vote!)

In case you're wondering, I voted for Alf too. I loved that show. I liked all four of my nominees, but Alf was a childhood favorite. I liked it that we had a disdain for cats in common. And I wanted to believe that if there were aliens, they'd be like Alf (and not like the aliens from "Alien").

I asked Adro which one she voted for, she said she was one of the four in the Greatest American Hero camp. Another cool show. I just wish the main character wouldn't have had such bad hair...

Oh, and Adro was happy to see that Swamp Thing earned no votes. But then I told her, "Swamp Thing got one vote!" "Who?!?" she asked. "I don't know!" I assured her. Apparently Adro wanted names (or I guess, A name), and I wasn't about to sell out my Swamp Thing fan friend, even if I did know who it was.

"Hmm..." Adro said. "Apparently, Swamp Thing reads your blog too..."

No comments: