Sunday, August 29, 2010

The weekend that was






A pretty good weekend. Let's review:

The good: Lervik was in town, so I got to hang out with him on Saturday and Sunday. Some bar hopping, hanging at the house, a fantasy football draft, etc. -- good times hanging with Lervik.

The bad: Apparently I thought I was made out of money on Friday night, because I dropped about $60 on beer at the Big Head Todd and the Monsters show at the Crossroads. At $5 a pop, it goes fast, though. But I could have almost bought an entire keg for that much! BHTM was great -- Adro liked them, even though she had never heard of them before.

The ugly: Saturday night after a long day of drinking with Lerv, I decided to make myself a chicken and tomato sandwich... as I was slicing the tomato, I lost control of the knife and buried it in the tip of my left index finger. GROSS. I wrapped it up in several band-aids and still haven't unwrapped it to look at it... I'm scared.

Photos are of my girls at bedtime the other day, as well as some of the veggies I've gotten out of the garden. The cucumbers are doing awesome (though slowing down recently) and my tomato plants are dead (that heat that hit while I was in Milwaukee/Chicago toasted them). I'm also getting one water melon... it's slowly growing. A little bit bigger than a softball right now. How do I know when to pick that?

Don't forget to vote in my new poll, time is almost up!

No comments: