Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Johnsons and Joneses at Modest Mouse concert

Here's a good photo of my bro-in-law and my sis and me and Adro at the Modest Mouse concert a few weeks ago. Actually, this was at the bar prior to the show. And note that Adro isn't that short, she's just sitting down. (The concert, btw, was a bit of a sleeper.)

***

Adro made me watch the worst movie ever tonight, it was called "A Single Man" and starred Colin Firth. I think Adro would watch anything with Colin Firth in it, I say this because she watched this entire piece of crap! (At least I got out of the last 15 minutes by volunteering to give Evey a bath!

***

Evey watched "Chicken Little" a few times recently, I got it from NetFlix for her. In the movie, there's a scene where the characters are singing the Spice Girls' one hit. So this evening Evey sang out loud, "If you want to be my lover... you have to pick up this mess!" It was an early failure in parenting.

"Chicken Little" is another movie that can be avoided, and not just for the Spice Girls.

***

Apparently "A Single Man" put me in a bad mood, because we had something of a no-nonsense bath tonight. Evey didn't like my concise method of washing the shampoo out of her hair. I think I lost some "cool daddy" points with that bath.

After the bath, Adrianne was getting Evey dressed in her pajamas, and Evey told her, "Whew! I'm glad you're not Daddy!"

***

I've been sick for the last couple days, but hopefully I bounce back soon. It sucks being sick when it's 104 degrees outside. Actually, a lot of things suck at that temperature.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

golfing and walking long distances suck at that temperature and you have a fever!

mar said...

The Spice Girls totally had more than one hit.