Monday, August 16, 2010

Despicable movie


We were wild and crazy tonight, for a Monday night... as soon as I had both girls in the car after work, I took them to the Legends to see "Despicable Me."

We told Evey we'd see a movie this weekend, and then we kept missing our chance. Adro and I felt like we broke a promise to Evey, so we tried to remedy that tonight. Evey was really happy to be at the movies when we got there.

Nothing about the preview made me want to see that movie, and the movie itself follows suit. I wanted to take a nap at one point. The best news about the movie is it's mercifully short, only 90 minutes or so. But the movie seems to be half-baked throughout. It's OK for kids, but don't expect to get any laughs or chuckles if you're an adult.

Afterwards we decided to go to Dave & Busters. The three of us ate for $30 and that included a $10 game card. Evey's favorite game was one where you shot water at a target to make a car climb upwards... she also raced cars and played some skee ball, though she isn't strong enough to get the ball all the way up the ramp yet.

A random Monday night, a sub-par movie, but a good time regardless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude your blog is really catching on with the Asians. Did Greg Nunn forward this to anybody?

mar said...

Okay, I'm reading your blog again. Yeah, I know when you posted this.