Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friday O'POMP


First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful wife. We celebrated her birthday Thursday night by having a quiet evening at the house. That's what she wanted. I offered to take her to a fancy dinner (as fancy as Dave and Buster's, at least) but she preferred grilled cheese sandwiches and the comfort of our home. Damn, I love my wife!


For this installment of Friday O'POMP, I'm once again sharing an old photo offa my phone from this time last year. When Dad got sick, I asked him if he needed anything done around the house to help him out. "Oh yeah, son," he says to me, "I had a tree fall over in the yard, I could use some help getting it out..."


So me and Mike went down to my Mom and Dad's house, not expecting anything too drastic, and we find this GIANT tree in the backyard, mangled, thorns all over the place... it was a crabapple tree, so if you've been around one of those trees, you know the thorns can easily draw blood or worse!


Solo took over the chainsaw and we just got after it. We had three truckloads of tree limbs like this. Worked all day and still didn't get it done!


That was a memorable day. Thanks again to my best friend, Abasolo, for sticking it out with me all day, and showing that tree that we weren't going down without a fight!

1 comment:

mar said...

I agree with Adro. Grilled cheese is awesome.