Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jones family news you can use

  • Evey is in a dance class in Eudora. She LOVES it. She's been there four times now? The first couple times, she was sad when it was time to leave... so we had to talk to her about being a good sport when the fun is over... she left with class today.
  • Adro hurt her neck... maybe a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle? Did it getting out of bed. She's all crooked and can't straighten out her shoulders. Not good, hopefully she's better tomorrow.
  • Did you know that the Comets (indoor soccer) are coming back? First game is Nov. 12th. They'll be playing far, far away in Independence, Mo., but I'm excited and ready to road trip!
  • The 2010 John Wake Laugh Olympics happened over Labor Day weekend. 73 particpants, 0 arrests. Next year will be the 10th anniversary of the JLO.
  • Yesterday (the 14th) marked a year ago that my Dad died. This coming Tuesday would have been his 63rd birthday. We're going to Wichita this weekend to remember him.
  • I blew my keg on Saturday night, when we had company over.
  • My watermelon plant produced one watermelon, a little bit larger than a softball, but that watermelon rotted on the backside.
  • I'm seeing the Pixies this Friday... Toadies next Friday... and Cake and Smashing Pumpkins next Saturday. Drop me a line if you want to join me for any of those shows.
  • If you Google "Especially Evey," this blog is the first thing that shows up.
  • I just set a personal record for keeping a Netflix DVD. The movie was "Whiteout" and barely worth renting, let alone letting it sit around for six weeks.
  • I like rice.

1 comment:

mar said...

She left the class with class?

You never told me about that Pumpkins show. I suspect I've seen that Pixies show. And I'm sure the Toadies were awesome.

I had DANCES WITH WOLVES from NetFlix since August '11, just returned it two weeks ago. Or was that a record-bad movie?

You make rice yourself? We have a rice-cooker and we use it a lot -- just steamed some stuff in it last night, without making rice. We make a lot of brown rice. If you make your own rice, have you tried adding chicken broth instead of water? I've been wanting to try that.

I dig these updates. When we can't talk to each other that much, it's good to be able to keep up with what's going on.