Saturday, February 10, 2007

Weird hours


Strange, the baby sleeps through the night, but Dad's sleep hours have become erratic.

For the second night in a row, I find myself awake at the 3 a.m. hour. Last night I was up from about 2 a.m. to almost 5 a.m., and I just layed there in bed, tossing and turning, watching Evey sleep... like a baby.

Tonight, I've decided to fight the power, and get up, see if moving around can help my plight. It doesn't help that I've got an upset stomach though. Dolor de mi estomago, aye aye aye.

We've been lucky, the Jones Family, when it comes to lots of things. From what I'm told, sleep is a big one. Evey has been sleeping through the nights since about week two or three. She usually wakes up around 3:30 a.m. or so for her midnight snack, and then gets back to bed for another good three, four hours. I think she gets her love for sleepy time from her Mom and Grandma. My Mom is well known for keeping erratic hours, and I was a night owl before I met Adrianne. But Evey's Romero blood allows her to find sleepy time even among a mild commotion -- and that makes it easy on these parents.

So, good luck and good night.

No comments: