Friday, February 9, 2007

Evey the comic geek


This photo really created a stir at work.


I took it as a fluke. I had just changed Evey, and since she was in new clothes, I thought, might as well take a photo of her. And then I saw the baby comb. And all that hair.


So I spiked her hair, set her up on the couch and then grabbed a library book I'd been cruising through. Wouldn't you know, my daughter was mesmerized by an image in the book? And we got this great photo out of the deal.


The image, it turns out, was that of a 1940s "Famous Funnies" issue with a Bugs Bunny knock-off.


So I sent it along to Adrianne and my mother-in-law, Judy. And Adro forwarded it to a few people at work. And those people forwarded it to a few people. So now, everyone knows that I'm at home trying to turn my newborn baby girl into a comic book geek.

1 comment:

tsweeten said...

Nothing wrong with being a comic book geek! Look where it got you so far. My own son, Emery, is mesmerized by a Kingdom Come Litho I have haging in our bathroom (yes, comics liven the decor of any environment), so much so that we stop and look at it every time he gets out of the tub. So I say, "Let her read comics!"