Sunday, February 11, 2007

Elton John (the cat), RIP


It's with great sadness that I report that we lost our good friend Elton John recently.

Elton was Adrianne's favorite cat. He had three legs. He was a bit skittish, but the three legs thing gave him a certain charm.

I'm not fond of cats. But I liked Elton John. We got along. And I wasn't allergic to him.

Elton was about 10 years old. He died of natural causes.

My favorite Elton John memory? When I proposed to Adrianne, I did so in the form of a comic I drew. I stayed up late to get it done. Elton was in the next room, meowing and causing a ruckus. Well, we weren't supposed to have cats in our house, but I let him into (what was then) my office so he would settle down. And he just sat there by me at my drawing board, listening to my music and chilling out. So I drew him into the last panel.

Anyway, I cleaned out his room today. He was Adro's cat, but like I said, he had a charm. Made me miss him. That cat had a majesty about him, and you have to give it to any animal that can get hit by a car, lose a major appendage out of the deal and survive.

Cheers, Elton John.

No comments: