Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm back home!


(Note: I wrote this a week ago, saved it as a draft, and am just now getting around to posting it. Sorry, busy times.)


I was gone six days. Evey is 80 days old today. That's 8% of her life I missed just now, while working in California.

Yes, it's good to be home.

I walked into the house at 1:45 a.m. Sunday morning. It was snowing pretty hard for the drive home, making my drive a little nerve-wracking. I woke up Adrianne and gave her a kiss. She was sleeping with the TV on, so I had some light in our room. Evey was sound asleep in her bassinet, with her little hands balled up into fists beside her head. I gave her a kiss, and then I couldn't resist -- I picked her up and held her. She didn't wake up, just kept sleeping, looking like an angel.

No comments: