Friday, February 9, 2007

Especially Evey


Hello.

As I type this, it's 12:10 p.m. on a Friday. I'm still in my pajamas. I've got the alternative rock TV channel playing in the background. And most important, I have my 9-week-old daughter Evey, wrapped up in one arm, sleeping.

A friend passed along the idea that we (me and Adrianne, my wife, pictured above with Evey) should have a Web site for our family and friends. I decided to give this a try. We'll see how it goes.

I just did a freelance story for Latino University magazine about how to succeed on the internet. I contacted three in-the-know sources. Long-time colleague Jonah Weiland, creator of comicbookresources.com, told me to "know what you want to write about." To find your focus, and never stray. Good advice.

The blog will surely not adhere to that advice. There will be a lot of baby pictures. But there may be also be a review of the piece of crap movie we just rented from Hastings, too. A run-down of the previous evening's Jayhawks game. Merriam-Webster's word of the day. A bad joke.
But there will especially be Evey.

No comments: