Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy anniversary!




Adrianne and I celebrate one year of marriage today!

We've been celebrating all weekend. First, we had a "date night" Friday night, went out to dinner and then saw "Michael Clayton." Good movie.

Then yesterday, we got each other a gift... a NEW CAR!!!

That's Adrianne's new Hyundai TUCSON. Brand new. And it's all ours. Happy anniversary, Adrianne!

We traded in her little Focus for this bad boy. We wanted a smaller SUV to make it easier on us to get Evelyn around. This fit that niche nicely.

This was my fourth new car buying experience (I've had three Camaros since 1996). It was Adro's first. But WOW! You should have seen her. If you want to buy a new car, I'd advise taking Adrianne with you. She questioned the number crunchers TWO TIMES, and both times she had these guys jumping -- and she was right. In fact, the second time, when we were sitting down with the finance guy, resulted in the dude making a phone call the to the Hyundai dealership manager and chewing his ass. It was borderline uncomfortable. ...but we got it our way!


Anyway, feel free to ask me about the new TUCSON any time... I'd love to tell you all about it.

1 comment:

tsweeten said...

Isn't she an accountant type? Of course I'd want to take her with me if I was buying a new car (if I wanted a great article written about the experience, I'd take you). Anyhoo, congrats on the new car! Is this going to be the new Chicago Outing, Motorized Implement Coveyance, or COMIC?