Friday, October 19, 2007

Congrats, Dad!


A special word of congratulations to my father, Boyd, who has been offered a job as a FOREMAN for the City of Wichita's public transportation department. Now, my Dad has not accepted said offer yet, but I'm still proud of him for being such a great professional, and teaching me a lot of the ins and outs of being a dependable employee and earning trust and respect in the workplace. My Dad comes from a military background, and he also did sales for a while. That makes him the perfect combination of a disciplined, determined, personable talker who can charm you and get you to do what he wants all at the same moment. And that's a special talent, folks.


I'll let you know what happens, but regardless of if he leaves the day-to-day grind of driving a bus for being the driving force behind the buses, I'm always -- ALWAYS -- proud of my pops.


(And since I just used the word "buses," did you know that "busses" -- buses with an extra 's' -- means "kisses"? Just a little random word trivia for you.)

1 comment:

tsweeten said...

Actually, I did know the difference between 'buses' and 'busses'. But then, I'm the guy that works 'supercilious' into a discussion about breakfast cereals. Congrats to your dad!