Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What-just-set?



Wow, where'd I go? A Monday AND Tuesday with no posts? Not cool.
Sorry. Been busy. Work, a freelance thing, more work. Lervik, I owe you an email I've thought about writing, only to get caught up in the next project. Soon, though.
***
So Evey's been doing a lot of strange communication lately. When she gets home she tries to communicate with a lot of "mmm"s and "eww!"s. It's annoying. I tell her to use words. Hopefully it's just a stage.
And then tonight she asked Adrianne to feed her some cereal. Adrianne asked why? "Because I am a robot," Evey replied. "Robots do not eat food."
Huh?
My favorite Evey-speak is when she says, "what-jus-set?"
I can't hear very well sometimes, so I ask Adrianne to repeat things if she's trying to talk to me from three rooms away (does not being able to hear through walls really qualify as 'can't hear very well'? Debatable.) My common "I can't hear you" phrase is, "What'd you say?" But I say it so often, I think I run it together into, "Whaddyasay?"
Evey has taken this phase and added her own spin to it. It sounds like, "what-jus-set?" and she uses it in place of "what'd you say?" and "what did you want me to do?" and "where are we going?" and anything else that would typically require a simple, "what?" It's a catch-all.
I can't complain; Her Spanish is still better than mine.
***
Photos this post are of Evey at Sadie's 3rd birthday party -- they brought out the moonwalk -- and of Evey riding in the back seat with her Uncle Alex, who she just adores.

1 comment:

tsweeten said...

Heh, don't feel bad. Emma goes from saying she's a robot (complete with stunted movements and monotone speech) to saying she a zombie (with very eerie zombie-like speech. The stunted movements are the same). It's a phase