Thursday, July 8, 2010

LeBron's "decision" causes ripples in Jones household



No, it's not like one of us really wanted him in Cleveland while the other two really wanted him to become a Bull. (I wanted him to become a Bull while the girls didn't give a crap.)

I hyped up the show to Adro (and I was excited, even if "the decision" show was crap) so we planned on watching it together. I was downstairs when the show came on. Evey yelled, "Dad, the chicken is on!" i didn't know chicken was for dinner, so i questioned this. "no, the dish-ih-kin!" oh, the DECISION. As in LeBron's.

So i came upstairs. Evey watched the dunks and said, "wow!" and a few "cool!"s. I was proud.

I gave the girls the choices. Evey took "New York!" rather proudly. Adro took Cleveland. I stuck with Chicago.

Then the decision didn't come right away. Evey's patience waned. She was promised Sleeping Beauty after "the decision." Every time the tv said "decision" she clapped and assumed that that meant the show was over. I'd tell her 5 more minutes and she'd scowl at me.

Finally the decision came. Miami Heat. Anti-climactic. Oh well.

I flipped on the blu-ray for Evey. Evey thought that was the best decision of the evening. My vote for best decision, meanwhile, was for the pajamas my wife chose (YOWSA, she also chose "Heat!")

Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

No comments: