Monday, March 2, 2009

The road to 500

Hello.

I'm approaching a landmark number here on Especiallyevey.blogspot.com. Post # 500 is a mere 11 posts away.

Being a comic book collector, I have to make a big deal out of these landmark numbers. So, humor me.

I've got some big plans to ring in post # 500... including:

  • Selecting (with your help) the top photo I've run here
  • Selecting (with your help) the best blog post in these first 5-hundy posts
  • Some honest-to-goodness reader feedback (with your help, obviously)
  • A $500 giveaway (that's just a flat-out lie)

I'll start the festivities soon, be on the lookout. I estimate that post 500 will be here in two to three weeks. So, get ready. Sometime after St. Patty's Day. (Unless I find myself in another fantasy football championship, then I'll be at post 525 by week's end.)

What can you do now? Easy... I want to get your feedback. This may seem like a blatant form of self-promotion, but I promise you, it's simply a blatant form of self-promotion.

So, if you're a regular, semi-regular, or even occasional reader of this blog, I'd like to ask you to please email me at sjones@gcsaa.org and give me a short soundbite on one of the following:

  1. What do you like about this blog?
  2. What surprises you about this blog?
  3. What do you dislike about this blog?
  4. Do you have a favorite moment from this blog?
  5. How often do you feel compelled to visit this blog?
  6. Just basic well wishes on 500 posts;

Just a little snippet, nothing too involved. Don't answer all six, that sounds like work. Unless you want to. We'd enjoy hearing from you, I promise you that.

If no one answers, I'll make up fake comments from real people and just go with it. Who knew Barack Obama was a reader?

So, let's start the countdown. 500 posts. Too much time on my hands, apparently...



1 comment:

andrewxw said...

like the photo. let me find out evey has been doing her own blog all these years. i thought something was up after the blog that was all about mac and cheese bananas and madagascar. caught red handed evey! the real wizard behind the curtain has been unveiled! rock on on the road to 500! oh, my favorite thing about the site? thats a no brainer bro EVEY!