Sunday, March 1, 2009

Little Adro and Memow



After Ramon's funeral on Friday, a lot of the family met up at the farm. You know the scene: family members who haven't seen each other in years commiserating, then catching up, then breaking out the photo albums and the tequila and talking about the good ol' days.

During the latter part, this photo really caught my eye. That's Adrianne and Virginia together at what the family calls the "Delaware House" (two blocks south of me). But, wow... that looks just like Evey with Virginia, doesn't it?

I asked Virgina if I could borrow the photo to scan it, and of course she agreed. I also told her that the resemblance of Adro in 1980 and Evey in 2009 was so amazing that I want to re-create this photo this Spring. Once the grass greens up, I'm going to get Evey in a yellow sun dress, and Virginia is going to find a black-and-white striped shirt, and we're going to take this exact same photo.

Am I crazy? Weird? Probably both. But this just looks too cool to me. I want to compare the same two photos side-by-side. I'm going to make it happen.

(Just remind me, OK?)

3 comments:

tsweeten said...

I have something similar with Emery (although mine was completely by accident). In this instance, it isn't a recreation so much as a retelling...but it gets the point across (psst, you can view it here:http://thesweetens.blogspot.com/2007/08/striking-similarity.html)

and yes, she does look a lot like her mother or her mother like her or however you want to phrase it. Although I still hold that in some angles, she looks like her dad in a dress.

Seth said...

At some angle, a little bit, yes. I think she kinda-sorta has my eyes.

Unknown said...

I have a picture of me on a bike with training wheels that looks an awful lot like a picture of my mom on a bike with training wheels. (Except my photo is in color and hers is black and white. And I was suffering from the late 70s/early 80s.) The similarity was an accident, not a recreation, but still. I think those pictures side-by-side are the coolest things. Evey will love her just-like-mom picture, too.