Tuesday, March 24, 2009

...499...


This is post 499.

Know what really sucks? I don't have anything too exciting planned for post 500. No fireworks. (I hate fireworks. No, that's not true... I love watching them, hate setting them off/being around them being set off. Anyway.) No special video. (Though that would have been a great idea!) Not even a photo of Evey holding a sign that says "500!" (I'm just lazy.)

Frankly, I'm ready for 500 to get here and leave me alone. Ready for the next 500. Have you noticed that, since I announced that we were nearing post #500, I've blogged less? I think it's beause I thought every blog post leading up to number five-hundy needed to be brilliant. And my idea of celebrating 500 posts has created something of a writer's (or blogger's) block.

Blogger's block. Let's call it that, yes.

Though the meter on the side here reads 499, this is actually post #516. Apparently, there are 17 posts still in their embryonic stage, stuck as drafts, posts I started but never finished, posts I never pushed the "publish post" button on. Wonder what's in those 17 posts?

Hmm.

Thanks to everyone who voted in the latest poll. Turns out that the rockin' Evey video was the winner! I'm a little surprised, I like that video, but it's not my favorite (I voted for the one where she's singing at the breakfast table). I asked Adro which one she voted for... it occurred to her that she forgot to vote! Thanks, Adro!
Got a few more emails with feedback from readers -- thank you Travis and thank you Barack. I'll share some of your thoughts here soon. (Apparently this blog is blocked at GCSAA HQ -- still no comments from anyone within that building! Guess we'll wait and see what's announced at tomorrow's allstaff meeting before we admit we web-surf, aye, comrades?)
I'm pretty worn out -- possibly getting sick (at least Evey is finally getting healthy). So I'm going to stop rambling and go lay down, watch TV.
Photo is of Evey before a walk the other day, when she told me she wanted to wear her Spider-Man hat. Isn't that just awesome?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leo has the same jacket! No Spider-Man hat, though. No springtime hats of any kind, for that matter. He just has these sunglasses that make him look like Bono.