Monday, March 23, 2009

Pass the mic!


Still plenty of time to get me an email about your thoughts on this blog! The response so far, to quote my boy Lervy, has been "whelming." As in not overwhelming, and not underwhelming, just... whelming. Would like to get a few more emails, you know who you are (I'm looking at you Adro's neighbors in FMS!)


Lervik sent a really nice email answering ALL of my questions (don't let that intimidate you, 4B workers of GCSAA!) I asked him if he minded me sharing the email in its entirety, he was cool with that, so for now, I pass the mic to the one I call "Lervik" and Evey calls "J.J.," let's give it up for Thomas Lervik Jr.! (Lervik pictured in front of his future home.)


What do you like about this blog? - I like the consistency of posts. Man, it's tough to keep posting (see my blog for details) and you do a good job of giving 4-6 posts a week. I also like pictures and stories about Evelyn, basically where she's been and her take on things from your perspective. I also like photos of you all at various locations in Lawrence and beyond.

What surprises you about this blog? - Your drunk posts are still mostly full of clarity. Sure, it's easy to figure them out (see the time of post) but they still usually have good grammar and diction. At least it passes my senses. I also think you've been creative over the years (Adro's Advice, polling questions, etc.) and that's a good thing.

What do you dislike about this blog? - The Calvin and Hobbes at the bottom. Never even knew it was there.

Do you have a favorite moment from this blog? - Here's my Top Posts (16 in total):

3/24/07 (Game day) - Flipping off the camera, priceless.
3/26/07 (Photos!) - Loved the random shots around Lawrence with Evelyn. And her eyes have been one of my favorite things about her as she's grown throughout her life.
9/4/07 (Here's looking at you...) - Good memories of the Ozarks trip, love the photo of Evey looking at the mirror, that was a big theme from that trip.
10/31/07 (Evey's first Halloween!) - Enjoyed the first Halloween post, with the pictures from various places, especially the one from the outside looking in.
12/9/07 (Another weekend down the toilet) - It's just a cute photo.
12/12/07 (Cheers, Sean) - Because it always makes me remember, and cry, about my boy. You have had a few passings that you've blogged about and all have been from the heart and well done.
12/27/07 (Battle of the Christmas Cards) - One of my favorite poll questions (the Halloween costume was good too) because I always liked feeling like I had a little say in what was going on with you guys.
1/10/08 (Get some, go again!) - Especially enjoy the video posts, this is my all-time, favorite post that cracks me up. I've shown this video to many a friend.
1/18/08 (Maaaagic bullllllet!) - Just a funny, good photo sequenced story. One of my favorites.
3/7/08 (Scan the man) - Always like seeing the old photos (just like the one you had the other day) you have out there.
3/19/08 (Evey's first trip to the comic book store!!!) - I really do enjoy the "day in the life" stories where you go out and photo/storytell the day's events.
5/29/08 (You give me the caption) - Loved the responses, always like the posts that get the readers involved.
7/7/08 (Zoo photos!!!) - I find myself enjoying the blog the most when there are tons of photos in the story.
10/8/08 (Must not love dogs) - Top 5 favorite photos of all time.
11/6/08 (Personal reflections on last night's events (warning: may be offensive to some)) - Three posts on this day, all very good, but I do enjoy your random thoughts about what's on your mind. From the NBA to the weather to everything in between, I enjoy those posts almost as much as I do the photo stories.
12/30/08 (BAD SANTA: The Outtakes) - Something about photos that I know Evelyn is going to be embarrassed by just makes me smile.

How often do you feel compelled to visit this blog? - Now that I have it on my blog roll on the left of my blog, I visit it only when there's a new post, which is pretty cool. No offense, but who likes to visit a blog that hasn't been updated?

Just basic well wishes on 500 posts - I've been a comment guy since post #12, made the blog on #15 and have been a loyal reader. It's been great getting to watch Evelyn grow over these last few years and I'm excited for the posts yet to come!

6 comments:

Eddie said...

Dude, there's a Calvin and Hobbs comic on the page?? A new one everyday?? Sweet!!

Jones, you ever get my tweet/blip at you that has the Audubon zoo song in it (I think it was when you were on vacation though), if Evey understands it, she might like it (I did when I was a kid, which isn't saying much):

http://blip.fm/profile/lileddiep/blip/3854585

Seth said...

No, man, I missed that. I'll check it out though! I still don't really "get" Blip.fm... it frustrates me more than anything.

Unknown said...

So... is that picture of him standing in front of a future greek house? It just looks like pictures I look at everyday at work :)

Seth said...

He's in front of a mock-up of the future clubhouse at a golf course we were visiting. This awas about three years ago, it'd be fun to get back to the course and take the same photo with the actual clubhouse.

Eddie said...

I use blip just to make a tweet of a song, so it is just an extension of twitter for me, but yeah, I don't understand its real purpose.

Commodore Lerve said...

Man, I remember when we walked up to that billboard and I thought, wow, they really spent money to put that out there. Felt like it was out in the middle of nowhere. I bet it'd be interesting now to see it.

Thanks for posting my email, hope people enjoyed it. And don't worry about 500...no one is expecting anything less than a good Evelyn photo and some story. That's enough for me on each post.