Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Evey's new bed, part 2

Here are some photos of Evey's new bed. As I stated before, she likes it. She just doesn't like sleeping in it. She'd rather sleep with mom and dad, and kick them vigorously as she sleeps. Or maybe smack them in the head. So, since she's sick, we've given her this right.

Sigh...

It's also tough for me because her room is right next to the creepy stairway. Yes, there's a gate there, but there's also a gap underneath the gate, since, after all, this house is 150 years old, and kids 150 years ago just bounced on their head all the way down the stairs, AND THEY LIKED IT THAT WAY. But this gap, I could do something about it, but right now, I'm just letting her crash with us. Last night she threw up, and I would hate myself if she had done that on her own in her own bed. Maybe we're coddling her, but right now, she's at an age where she doesn't quite get the science of throwing up --especially the part where her dad tries to catch it with his hands -- so we're going to give her some more time.

In the meanwhile, enjoy these photos of the girls and Evey's new big girl bed. Because these photos are about all the use we're getting out of that bed right now...

1 comment:

tsweeten said...

I remember when Emery got his big boy bed. I was worried that he would never stay in it (he crawled out of his crib on a nightly basis). But he was so happy to get a big boy bed that he would sit on it for hours and never crawled out of bed. Of course, NOW he comes and gets in my bed every night like clockwork. Emma has been good about staying in her bed, except for the handful of times that she has fallen off it.