Sunday, December 28, 2008

Movies, the tabletop


The Christmas break is over? Say it ain't so!

What did I do with the time off? A whole lot of little things, but I'm excited to report that I got in some movie watching time!

On Friday I took Adro to see "Bedtime Story" with Adam Sandler... this was on the recommendation of Sean Lipford, he said it was "surprisingly hilarious." Well, I was sick, so I was in the mood for a comedy, something to make me feel better. There were some funny moments in the movie, but really, we needed an 8-year-old to be with us to justify our presence at that film. Still a good time with the Missus, though.

Saturday afternoon I went to see "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Sean at the Legends. Pretty darn good, actually! I went in with low expectations, having seen it was getting poor reviews. But the story was actually pretty tight. The acting was just OK (Will Smith's kid bugs me) and the sfx were just OK... almost seemed like they had a small budget at times... but it was still a solid movie. The ending was a little abrupt, and had it been just a little bit different, I'd be saying the movie was excellent. Instead, it gets a solid "good" from me.

I'm supposed to be watching "Charlie Wilson's War" with Adro right now, but I'm sure she's asleep with Evey by now.



Photos that accompany this post are of my big Christmas gift to Adro and me. It's a glass tabletop for the island we have in our kitchen. Wanting to make it cooler than just a big piece of glass, I had a logo printed on the glass. Looks pretty cool, eh? I think Adro liked it, she seemed pretty pleased. Special thanks to Brad for designing the logo for me, to Copy J for getting the tech specs figured out for me, and to Julie for the printing on the glass. (Richie, you'll be happy to know that I bought this piece of glass from Kennedy Glass... and now I'm giving them a free plug on my blog. Hey, everyone! Kennedy Glass takes good care of people! I will not be writing them any angry letters!)

Martha Stewart tip of the day: If you're a music fan like me, bring a new CD with you to the kitchen when you have to clean the place up. One, it gives you something to do besides the drudgery of cleaning the kitchen... you're checking out new music at the same time as you're cleaning. Two, when you're done cleaning the kitchen, check out the track you're on. I was on track six of The Ting Tings' "We Started Nothing" CD. That translates to 17 minutes of actual time. Not a bad investment -- 17 minutes of my life for a clean kitchen. Makes the chore seem less bothersome when you can measure it like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhh! I like the table top! Thats a great idea!