Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Moment, moment"


OK, so I teased this last week, I'm sure it won't live up to the hype. I'll try anyway.

Evey's picking up words at a fast rate, as you can imagine. Sometimes the words are imperfect, so we have to ask ourselves, "What word is she trying to say?"

About two weeks ago Evey looked at me and Adro and said, "Moment!" We were like, "Uhm, OK... what do you need a moment for? Are we bothering you? Who taught you this word?" It didn't sound like something she'd have picked up at Elvira's. "One moment!" That's not their style.

Then she started saying, "moment, moment!" We're still baffled.

Finally, Evey was asleep in bed with Adrianne when she pops up, still half-asleep, dreaming. "I like to moment-moment," Evey sang. Then she laid back down, falling asleep.

Adro hadn't watched Madagascar yet, but she knew enough about the movie to know there was a song in the movie that Evey liked. Adro asked me what the song was. "I like to move it," I sang to her (I really dig Madagascar, I'm a sucker for buddy movies though).

Evey was standing right there. "I like to moment-moment," she sang back. We both started cracking up. Evey was asking to watch Madagascar again. It took us about two weeks, but we finally solved the riddle of "what is moment?"

If all of this is foreign to you, check out the YouTube video. Then, imagine my daughter jumping around shouting, "Moment! Moment!" with the video. It's good fun.


1 comment:

tsweeten said...

heh. My kids LOVE Madagascar. Love it. Although when they want to watch it, it comes out as "I want to watch Marty". But I can relate with trying to figure out what they're saying. Emery is pretty safe as he can vocalize fairly well. Emma is still a mystery at times though. Emery tries to help as her interpreter although the results are less than encouraging.