Sunday, December 21, 2008

A little history

There's some history going on here with me playing Jeffy.

We were both in this league since year one, back when we were in college. Back then, Drew Roberts was the commissioner of the league. Since then, I've taken over the league as commish.

Having played each other in fantasy football for almost ten years now, there's been plenty of bad blood.

Just this season alone, I have many reasons to hate the 'Rats. Jeff's team has beaten me twice this season. Can he beat me three times in the same season?

There was one trade between these two teams this season. Jeff offered me Plaxico Burress for Wes Welker. I accepted the trade.

Since then, Welker has gone on to lead the league in receiving yards, while my guy? My guy shot himself in the *%$#ing leg.

Jeff has been the bridesmaid twice in this league, taking 2nd place in 2005 and 2006. I won the league once, but it was back in 2000 or 2001, during one of Marshall Faulk's big years. (Our league records don't go back that far.)



Included in this post is the face of the enemy. He's holding a newborn Evey Jones in this photo. As you can tell, he's talking trash to her. "Someday soon, I'm going to be beating your daddy in the fantasy football championship," he's telling her.

How can anyone root for a guy like that?

No comments: