Sunday, December 21, 2008

fantasy football championship

I'm driving myself crazy. I'm in the fantasy football championship this weekend, and I'm obsessing over it this morning.

There are some stakes here... loser gets $100, while winner gets $400. So yeah, I'd like the $400. But Jeff (Heiman) has already played Peyton Manning against me, who went for 30 points on Thursday. Meanwhile, my QB all season, Kurt Warner, finds himself in a no-stakes game in Boston where it's just dumping snow. My other choice? Thigpen in KC. Normally I'd play him, but... I've got bad feelings about that game.

I picked up Jeff Garcia off the waiver wire. Right now, I'm starting him. He's playing at home (in Tampa Bay) against San Diego, who has a horrible pass D.

But, like I really have any control over this crap anyway.

That's why I'm blogging right now. I've decided to share some of my psychosis. As Evey will allow, I'm going to "live-blog" the matchup between the LeCompton Hoodrats (Jeff's team) against Mario Chalmers (my team). As of this writing at 10 a.m., I'm trailing 38-13. Jeff had Manning play on Thursday and Bradie James last night. I had Maurice Jones-Drew play on Thursday.

Mere moments ago, I was feeling defeated, like I had no chance. But on 96.5 FM's "Resurrection Sunday" program, they just played R.E.M.'s "Superman." And now I feel like I can do this... like that was a sign, my team will overcome adversity!



Let's go Mario C!

No comments: