Sunday, January 9, 2011

What the hell happened?




Judy has told us this story like 100 times... about how the day your kids go off to school, you lose them, because Mom and Dad aren't the center of their universe anymore... and there are new people making impressions (good and bad) on your kid every day.

We shrugged that story off, but now, I'm starting to wonder.

Evey has had some nasty moments since she started going to school. At first I thought it was just because she was really tired (and grumpy) when she got home from school, but today Evey was totally mean to Adro at Target. I wasn't there, but it sounds like one of those moments you're embarrassed to be a parent because your kid is being a total jerk.

So when they got home and Dad found out, things got bad. She got a spanking, an hour of time out, uncontrollable sobbing, etc.

It was ROUGH. I hated it. She's crying before I even get her over my knee, "PLEASE DON'T SPANK ME DAD!!!" And it just breaks your heart, because you really don't want to spank her. You just want to hold her and rationalize with her, but...

Evey was good the rest of the day (her hour of time out turned into a three-hour nap), but DAMN... where is this coming from?

We've had some serious talks to Evey about it. She LOVES her pre-school and can't wait to go every day. But I don't want her to be a jerk.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

We can completely empathize. Grey has moments like that too. I don't know if it is school related or not, but it is really awful.