Thursday, January 13, 2011

Comets game

Another Dad story, since I'm sharing. (I actually wrote this immediately after last night's post, but decided to make it its own post as to not muck up the "stairway to heaven" post.)

Lervik was in town this last week. On Friday, he humored me and accompanied me to the Missouri Comets indoor soccer game in Independence.

For once, I was on time to something. I was there for the player introductions as well as the Star Spangled Banner.

Who knew? The national anthem at an indoor soccer game would take me back to 1986 and in my mind I was standing next to my Mom and Dad again?

It took to "the rocket's red glare" to snap me out of it. I'm glad I had my back to Lervik, because dammit, both eyeballs were floating. I love America as much as the next guy, but that would have been rough to explain.

No comments: