Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Best letter of complaint -- conclusion

So the next day, I get this email:

Ok we have gotten to the bottom of all of this and we will send you an email with a corrected escrow statement. Basically what happened is we collected from the seller to pay for first half of the taxes at closing but then when they came due they still showed that they were not paid so we cut a check from your escrow account to pay the taxes and the check the title company sent from the sellers got returned back to the title company and sent to the sellers which it was there responsibillity to pay the taxes.

If I didn't have you confused with someone else I would have checked into it more then I did and I appoligize for that but everything should be straightened out now.

Thanks


OK, I understand some people have trouble with there/their, but seriously, how can she keep spelling “apologize” like that?!? And why not just add one more “L” to “responsibillity” since we’re adding extras anyway? Three would make it even more absurd and even funnier.

I have a hard time comprehending her email as it is in desperate need of some punctuation marks. Every time I start reading that first paragraph I end up gasping for air midway through. Adro translated it for me thusly: they gave the sellers some money back they shouldn’t have when we closed… and then they wrongly came to us for the money… and when I squawked I made them reconsider what they had done… and it turns out they came to the wrong guy.

Got it? Got it.

Sorry, sellers, but apparently this shit sandwich was meant for you. It’s nothing personal.

Anyway, Adrianne was very happy with me that day. Though I actually understood nothing of what was going on, I apparently worded an email sternly enough – and with a fierce understanding of the “spell check” function – that I got a banker to actually do her job, and I also got the Joneses some money back.

3 comments:

tsweeten said...

And people bitch at me because I'm a vocabulary nazi...The interesting thing about all this is if you had never said anything, you would have been on the hook for all the money. And if they had realized their mistake at some point in time, it's highly unlikely they would have even said anything to you. It's simply mind boggling to think what companies will do and never think of how it affects the people they are screwing over.

Unknown said...

oh.my.gosh.

I think I would send another email back to her/him and correct all of their spelling and grammatical errors.

Brent Fry said...

She apparently types her messages as if she is speaking, not writing.