Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kids, say, "What-a-Burger!"





Here are a couple photos from our last What-a-Burger stop, in Stillwater, Okla. Travis and his kids, Emery and Emma, were nice enough to drive out and meet us.

The company was good, but the service was BAD. When I ordered, the kid shot me straight. "It might take a while," he sighed, sweat visibly dripping from his brow. "We've got problems back here...."

Apparently there was a little league baseball tournament in town, and they weren't prepared. They also started running out of some basics -- small buns, barbecue sauce, ice... these guys didn't realize the importance of our visit there -- that this would be our LAST FORESEEABLE What-a-Burger stop for maybe as long as a year.

Oh well. The food was still pretty good. And it's always good to see Trav and his family.

***

Evey watched a little bit of the Lakers/Celts game with me tonight. She told me she wanted to "play soccer ball too." I told her I'd be happy to teach her the game. Then she asked for more: she wanted to play at the TD Garden, where the Celtics play in Boston. That's a taller order... we'll have to work on that one.

***

I was so freaking hungry on the way home from work today, I almost started eating a slice of bread out of a grocery bag. I also almost bought one of those churros from Quicktrip, except for the fact that I didn't go inside Quicktrip because it was pouring rain. But have you ever been hungry like that? Where it just drives you crazy, and you could eat, like, a raw potato?

I didn't even take off my shoes once I got home. I cooked grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I had it all ready in about five minutes. I was so freaking hungry, even the tomato soup tasted good! I ate two sandwiches and a giant cup of soup in about ten minutes. And finally, my hunger was gone.

Sheesh. Could you imagine the damage I could have done at Peking Taste?

I think I'm going to have to add another meal to my daily eating schedule. It'll be called "post-lunch" and it will be designed to get me through the 20-minute drive from work to Eudora. I will eat this meal at 4 p.m. The meal will consist of simple things, like bananas, crackers and Quicktrip churros.

Really, this is the best idea I've had in like two weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like those who voted yes on your poll got their wish :)

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/jun/10/kus-lew-perkins-set-resign-end-2010-2011-school-ye/