Sunday, November 21, 2010

Highs and lows


Highlight of the weekend: Bart's annual pre-Thanksgiving feast -- good friends, good food and bad karaoke.

Lowlight of the weekend: Getting a $133 ticket from Lawrence Police Department for allegedly skipping a stop light by cutting through a parking lot. Apparently it is illegal to change my mind about stopping at the liquor store.

Best food of the weekend: (tie) Whataburger brought across the state line by Travis and Amelia's birthday cake (pictured), made by Jess.

Funniest moment of the weekend: When Evey told me, as her and Adrianne left for church, that if any dragons or dinosaurs came to the house, that I shouldn't get scared, but I should call them right away.

Official saying of the weekend: "Come on, burrito." Maybe someday I'll explain. Burrito.

2 comments:

tsweeten said...

That was some bad karaoke. Especially Bart's...whatever it was. Do I need to schedule time to come up as a material witness for your court date? "I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole F**KING courtroom is out of order!!" Heh, yeah it'll be fun...

Seth said...

Hey kettle, this is pot...

That was the most monotone version of STP's "Plush" I've ever heard, Trav. I'm sorry. You know when about five of us jumped in at the end to help you finish the song? That was a "Little Miss Sunshine" moment right there. Sorry, man.

And yeah, I may need you to testify...