Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Evey's nightmare

Evey took a nap at Elvira's today, and awoke crying, frightened from a nightmare she had.

She told Elvira all about it. When I walked in to pick her up, she told me all about it. And then she wanted to call all her family and tell them about it, too.

Adrianne handed the phone to Evey and told her the number to dial to reach "Papi," Adro's dad in Texas. He answered, and he got to hear all about the nightmare.

Since I heard the story of the nightmare twice, I thought I'd describe it here. She describes the nightmare in vivid detail, using a few big words.

So, this is the afternoon "lightmare" Evey had:

"I'm in a spooky house and my Mom is there. She wakes up and tells me to go home but then she disappears. So then I go down the stairs and outside to find her. There's a yellow ducky. And it's dark outside. And then there's a creature! The creature has black eyes. I have a green pear. So I throw the pear and the creature follows it with its head like this (mimics following the green pear with her eyes). It was a scary creature, I didn't like it."

I told Evey not to worry about it, it was just a nightmare, and she wouldn't have the same nightmare tonight. She asked me, "So what am I going to dream about?" I told her I had no idea. And then she said, "I know -- I'm going to dream about Disneyland and Disney World."

No comments: