Friday, April 3, 2009

Quick hits

  • By Monday I'll have our new video up -- we just wrapped it tonight, about ten minutes ago. The deadline isn't until Friday at 5 p.m., so it's nice not to have to worry about it for once. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, overall.
  • CJ was greeted by a opossum when he came to my house tonight. Gross.
  • For dinner tonight, I re-created the Tippin's taco salad. It's been years since I've even thought of that dish. Now, I think I need to add it to the repertoire.
  • It occurred to me tonight that I have no idea how to spell out "d-b*g." (Apparently I tried to spell it in German.) I'm ok with that.
  • We threw away Evey's last bottle tonight. Wish us luck.
  • Congrats to the Lady Jayhawks, who will play for the WNIT championship at Allen on Saturday. That's very cool. If you have the chance, hit Allen Fieldhouse for the game!
  • So, Border's is out-of-business by next Friday, right? Redeem those gift cards while you still can! I saw they had huge yellow signs in the windows announcing clearance prices on all DVDs and CDs. Better hurry, people...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear... all Borders or just the one here in Lawrence? That saddens me. What will they do with that space?

Seth said...

This is totally just speculation, sorry, I should have been more clear. It's being reported that the company is in serious trouble, though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2009/03/30/daily48.html

I've heard some stores won't order books for customers unless they pay up-front, I also read that they were not paying their bills on time... I also heard that they are going to get out of the CD/DVD business since they're taking it in the shorts on those products...

Jason Arnett said...

Oh, man I was wondering about that! I knew they were getting out of the CD/DVD business but if they were closing that'd leave Hastings as the last 'large' bookstore with discounts and that means Jason isn't buying local any more.