Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter dress, Noni and Papa's visit


Yo,


Back at la computadora on this cold Monday night. How've you been?


We had a packed couple of weekends... lots of photos to share. I wanted to start off with a couple pics from this weekend first...


My mom and dad came up for Easter with the Romeros. Great seeing them. They even took some time on Monday to stay in Lawrence and hang out with Evey all day! Evey got high marks from "Noni and Papa" for being a good girl... among her highlights, she spotted Barack Obama on CNN and shouted out, "Yay, Obama!"; she counted to six in Spanish; sang her ABCs; and there was a LOT of dancing. Plus, she never fussed for them. When they left for KC, Evey fell asleep for her nap almost instantly. She was wore out!


Evey is also pictured here showing off her Easter dress. She had a good time on Easter, hanging out all day at the farm. She wanted to play outside but we couldn't let her, it was too cold and wet. Grandma reached a compromise with her, though, and took her out on the front porch -- that's where I snapped that last shot. That shot cracks me up, I don't know why. Probably because it's not posed, it's just a moment frozen in time.


Some news and notes:


  • If you watched "Big Bang Theory" tonight, they pretty much nailed all the comic book stuff -- there must be some serious comic geeks writing for the show. BUT, I think the comic store owner would condone Dick Grayson assuming the role of Batman for the deceased Bruce Wayne. Jason Todd should be dead, how could he be Batman? Sheldon, weird as he is, was right.

  • Evey has a new favorite song, "Sink to the Bottom" by Fountains of Wayne. I'll link the video here in the future. She actually has never heard the FoW version, but she liked her Dad's singing-in-the-shower version, and it has since become a bedtime favorite.

  • They're shooting at each other in Bangkok, and I saw this dude on CNN, and I said, "Will Baxter!" Now, I realize that there are about 6 million people in the Bang (I googled it) but still, how many Caucasian photogs with backpacks like that are standing right there next to the machine gun fire? That narrows it down a lot. But then I looked a little closer and see this guy has a lot of hair and probably bigger arms than our own WB. But still, I recorded it, just in case. I'm sure it'd make Will's mom proud!

  • I still have some leftover 500-posts-celebration stuff to get up here -- it is not forgotten, only delayed.






1 comment:

Eddie said...

This is from Will's facebook: "Will Baxter thinks it's strange that craziness always occurs in Bangkok when he is away in Cambodia."