Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shrek... an ogre.

So, the other day me and Adrianne are in the office, working on something. We notice that Evey is being especially quiet, so we turn to see what she's doing. We had "Shrek" on for her. We see her, she's sitting there in her little chair, watching the movie... and she's practically in tears!

We're like, "Honey, what's wrong??" Then we look at the TV. Shrek was being mean to Donkey, and it was really upsetting Evey! Poor girl; she hadn't seen Shrek 1 yet, she was only used to Shrek 3, so seeing Shrek act like an asshole really upset her! So cute.

This is a photo of Evey at the time. You can see the anguish on her face. Pobre sita (poor little girl)!

4 comments:

Commodore Lerve said...

Can't wait to get there in October and spend some time with Evey. You think when I take that Monday the 20th off, I could pseudo-babysit? We'll talk more about it. Remind me there's a few things I want to do in regards to Evey when I'm there.

Kendall said...

What a sweetheart! You guys should be glad that she is able to identify jerky behavior so readily AND that she finds it unacceptable. It will surely be an important trait when she gets to dating age! Grey also feels bad when Donkey is being treated poorly. He says "Poor donkey. Donkey sad."

Eddie said...

It's sweet how kids pick up on that stuff. I remember when my kid first started watching Toy Story 2 and there is the sad scene when Jessie is remembering about her old owner and she is sad sitting by the window with a sad song playing, and my kid would almost always cry.

Of course now I can't get him to watch any show that doesn't involve someone getting destroyed.

Neuty and Trish said...

Hopefully little Evelyn won't be too upset with me, for dominating your FFB team...