Thursday, August 14, 2008

Haircut No. 3 (or 4?)

Yup, she's getting big fast. She needs a haircut every-other-week it seems these days, just like her dad.

You can converse with her now. This morning I asked her, from one bedroom to the other, if she was really ready to get up. "Yeah," she said. "Why don't we sleep 5 more minutes?" I asked. "...OK," she said, clearly annoyed.

She says basketball, yellow, blue, Jayhawk, eat, gracias, please, Shrek (pronounced 'f*ck'), banana, mom, dad, truck, TV, book, among others. In sign language she says eat, cat, dog, bath, art, mom, dad, grandma, read, among others.

Twenty months old now. I feel like I missed most of months 18 and 19, and truthfully, I pretty much did. Chatting on the phone isn't the same as being there; Seeing how easily she can climb stairs, or telling you she wants raisins.

But I'm back home now. It feels great. It's nice to be at my home PC instead of on a wireless connection in Detroit. I have to wear a suit to the office tomorrow, but I don't really care. Five consecutive days in the office -- the most I've been in the office since, what, mid-June? It's gone by fast. Even my office feels pretty good these days.

The only problem is I got back on caffeine a little bit while I was travelling. I was knocking back Coke and Pepsi pretty regularly. I'm back off it now, but I do get sleepy mid-day without it.

Looking forward to this weekend. Hanging with the family. Maybe seeing a movie (is there anything out?). Fantasy football draft Saturday night.

It's great to be home, back with my girls. Even if I don't know how to speak sign language like my daughter does.

At least I don't make Grandma blush when I say "Shrek."









No comments: