Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Noni," Evey and Marina, plus bad BBQ

"Noni" is what the girls call my mom. I have no idea where that name comes from. But my mom took care of Evey today, and they had a great time! They watched Shrek so many times, they decided to watch it in French, too.

So, we went to the old Bucky's for dinner tonight. It's a barbecue place... the name? Something B... like, Beasley or Biden or Butros Butros? And then "BBQ."

The food? Couldn't really tell you... they were out of EVERYTHING. No pulled pork, no ribs, no turkey. They were down to just brisket and sausage when we walked in the door. By the time we got done ordering, they had only enough for one brisket sandwich.

So, to clarify, they're out of food... I should have realized at that point that my portion -- which cost something like $6.45, mind you -- would be small. My brisket sandwich was tiny, hardly had any meat, and cost over $6!!! And it didn't even come with anything else!!! TOTAL RIPOFF!!!! And it wasn't that great, either, though Judy said the sausage was good.

When we drove off at 7:30 p.m., they had a sign up on the drive-thru that read, "SOLD OUT!"

They need to take that one down and replace it with one that reads "RIP OFF."

1 comment:

Jason Arnett said...

Bieman's BBQ is the place, and I only know that because I pass it nearly every day on my to or from work.

I'll bet you they're gone by Christmas. If they can't accurately predict how much product they need and they're overcharging for tiny portions, they don't have sense enough to quit before then.

Thanks for the heads-up on the place. Sorry it wasn't even close to good.