Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My "room" at San Diego Comic-Con


OK, as some of you know, I was in San Diego for Comic-Con International recently -- my first "CCI" ever. CCI is a pretty big deal to the comic collectors of the world, so I was really thrilled to finally attend after hearing about how great it is all these years.

And guess what? I did my first CCI in style. No hotel room for me. For five days I lived on the Comic Book Resources 45-foot yacht. Check out the photos! It lived up to expectations. Fully catered, fully stocked bar. Met Method Man, John Romita Jr., Stan Lee on the yacht. Enjoyed a Cuban from the deck as fireworks were shot off. In short, it was the real deal.

Here in a few weeks I'll post the link up of me doing an interview with the Aquabats on the yacht. That should be pretty funny.

Oh, btw, that photo of the sunset? I was on the phone with my Mom, telling her how cool this trip was, and I was describing the scene around me. "Take a photo of the sunset for me," she said. So this is that exact moment you told me to take a photo of the sunset, Mom! Enjoy, this one's for you -- thanks for being the one that introduced me to comic books all those years ago!!!









No comments: