Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jimmy Dredg and me


Here's that photo Lervik was referencing in the Solo post... this is a shot Lerv took of me and the lead singer of Dredg, whose name is... (checks Wikipedia)... Gavin Hayes.


Lervik NAILED this photo! On the first try, Gavin looked stoned, and I looked even more giddy. So I asked him for another quick photo. This is photo two.


Man, that was a fun night. We were in Las Vegas for Neuteboom's bachelor party. As fate would have it, one of my favorite bands was playing the local Dave and Buster's. It was us and about 80 other Dredg fans. Both Lervik and Joe proclaimed that Dredg kicked ass. Lervik even bought a couple of their CDs.

1 comment:

Commodore Lerve said...

Man, it was such a weird location for a concert. Skeeball machines on the side, air hockey table in the back, 18 to enter, couldn't bring your beer across the line into the concert. Everything about that venue was wrong. But man, could that guy play a typewriter. I've got El Cielo now and their lastest (Catch Without Arms?). Thanks for the introduction.

I'm just glad we still have this picture, being as how I subsequently lost my camera after that trip.