Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Interlude: Grandpa Simpson knows



A line from last night's episode of the Simpsons about knocked me out of my chair.

It was an episode I've never seen before. Homer is accused of sexual harassment by the babysitter when he drops her off. The babysitter sits on a gummy bear, which Homer grabs as she gets out of the car. The co-ed turns around just in time to see Homer touching her butt and drooling, replete with his "ohhh-ohhh-ohhh" sound.

Anyway, everyone hates Homer because he's a creep now. He decides to take the offensive, and go to the local PBS affiliate to plead his case. Homer, Marge and Grandpa are trying to dress-up the low-budget PBS set with some items from home. Along with the podium, Grandpa hangs an American flag on the wall.

"Grandpa, your flag only has 49 stars!" Marge says.

"I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missou-rah!" Grandpa shouts.

Ahh, as if I needed more reasons to LOVE the Simpsons.

No comments: