Monday, June 16, 2008

E-E



Today's title is for two reasons: to say hello to Emma and Emery, two members of Evey's JUSTICE SOCIETY of FRIENDS... and to mention that "E-E" is what Evey is calling herself now. E-E. I guess it's her super-hero name.


Anyway, Emma and Emery are Travis and Heather's kids. Today, Travis gets a huge shout-out, because as of today he is a graduate of cosmetology school. If you're ever in the Enid, Okla. Wal-Mart, stop in the SmartStyles and ask for Travis. 'Cause he's already got a job there!


(Wait a minute... didn't Trav yell at me for taking Evey to a ProCuts a few months ago? And now he's working at a Wal-Mart hair place? You're going to have to help me out on the difference there, Trav.) ((Now watch the guy convince me there's a difference. He's pretty good at convincing you he's right.))


In other news:


The sand volleyball team kicked off its season tonight. We went 2-1. I played a little worse than mediocre. Ugh.


I got a spiffy new camera for father's day. This thing is NICE. Please, don't allow me to drop it if you see me with it. This camera needs to last me. Thanks to the girls for this wonderful gift! I'll let you know when I start posting photos -- or videos -- from this new camera. It's a Fujifilm Finepix Z. Blue. The size of a credit card. (In Borat voice) Very nice!


Judy got me the KU/Memphis DVD. That game just doesn't get old. I had Resurrection Sunday (the Sunday morning 80s-alternative rock program on 96.5 the Buzz) playing while the game was on the TV. That's happiness, right there.


Evey is saying a lot of words. She says "purple," "yellow" and "blue." She thinks she can say Jayhawk. It sounds sorta like, "cake-hawk." Whenever she sees one, she smiles, points it out, and let's me know it's there.


Looks like I'll have my first-ever magazine cover in July. My photo of Lorena Ochoa along with LPGA agronomist John Miller will be on the cover. Take that, Will Baxter and Newsweek!


OK, I'm just wasting time now. More tomorrow. Don't forget, this weekend is the St. John's Fiesta. Some good Mexican food awaits us......

2 comments:

tsweeten said...

Dude, thanks! But, uh...I actually don't graduate until July 8th. Today was just the luncheon honoring my impending graduation. But seriously, you went the extra mile.

The difference between a place like SmartStyles and a place like Pro-cuts? I could go on for days about technique, continuing education, or product and implement usage, but I'll point out the difference this way: Philosophy. Pro-cuts whole approach is to get you in and out in about 5-10 minutes. Now, I can get you out of my chair in under 10 minutes too, but if I need to take 2 hours to cut your hair for whatever reason, I can do that as well. Pro-cuts is a quick in, quick out kind of place. At SmartStyles (and this isn't their philosophy, it's just how they let me work) its about getting it done right, regardless of the time frame.

And for the record, I did recommend SmartStyles as a suitable location.

CJ said...

Xavier called any Jayhawk he saw "gay-cock" until he was about 2 and a half... you're good to go, man...