Tuesday, April 8, 2008

KU, BABY!!!!


We did it!!! We freaking DID IT!!! We won the big one!!!!


YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


My team has never won it on my watch! I was too young to care about the '88 team.


I'll only claim two teams: The Kansas University men's basketball team, and the now defunct Wichita Wings indoor soccer team. So I'm not like those fans that claim the Yankees, or the Michael Jordan-led Bulls, as "my team."


The Wings sure as hell never won it all, and now that they're dead and in the ground, they're not getting any better!


But I sat there and watched, on the edge of my seat, while drinking a beer from my Wichita Wings coozie, wearing my Kansas warm-up shirt. And I saw my team snatch a CHAMPIONSHIP victory from the clutches of defeat! This would have been exciting in a pre-season game! For the whole enchilada?


ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, BABY!!! I LOVE THIS DAY!!!

3 comments:

Jason Arnett said...

Dude, right there with you. No matter what anyone says, it's a sweet, sweet day.

tsweeten said...

Yeah, it was a fantastic win, featuring a ballsy come-from-behind performance to win the national championship. Congratulations.

And I offer my condolences to you in advance for losing your head coach to Ok State.

Jason Arnett said...

I believe you're dead wrong, Travis. Yesterday in front of tens of thousands of Jayhawks Self said things like "I can't think of any place better to coach basketball than Kansas" and "What could be better than winning a National Championship? Let's do it again in 2009", so ol' T. Boone can spend his money elsewhere. I don't think Self is leaving.