Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gas prices, etc.


I'm a little freaked out. Did I miss a few years? Is it still 2008?


I was driving up 9th Street the other day, and I saw the gas prices... whoa. $3.55 for premium? Since when? $3.55? Look at that number... that's almost $4. Wasn't gas recently expensive when it was in the $2-range? Or is it 2028, and no one is telling me?


Driving down 23rd Street the other day. KFC's marquee reads, "10 piece legs and thighs -- $14.99."


$14.99 for the junk meat? Really? That's the best bargain you can put up on the marquee?


I know it's an election year, and I know we're really going to get it broken off on us in the last year of the 8-year Bush mistake, but, damn, people. It's not like my company is keeping my salary in line with this inflation. And it's only April.


$14.99... for legs and thighs. I don't even care if that's extra crispy, that's not a deal.



  • Hey, but I did get one deal recently. Thanks to Wayne and Larry's and their Monday night special. 30 cent wings (I think) and $2.50 big beers. I had 15 wings and two beers, and got out of there for less than $10 before the tip. And had a great time. Thank you, Wayne and Larry's.

  • Can't believe that the Suns lost to the Spurs again tonight. And the Hornets -- FOR REAL! Chris Paul, you are the new D-Wade, and D-Wade isn't even old yet! But amare was dunking like crazy in the first half... I'm digging the NBA playoffs already.

  • People wanna know what to get me for my birthday. Really? Didn't you know THE KANSAS JAYHAWKS WON THE 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? I'm set for my birthday, folks. Save your money for $5-a-gallon gasoline.

1 comment:

Commodore Lerve said...

Warning! galmaran is a galmoron. Man, you gotta hate spammers. All we're doing is blogging here people, it's not like we're changing the world. But hey, there's some techy who's bored and wanted to create a program to put in spam links.

Dude, I agree with you completely, prices are starting to get crazy. Filled up the new ride last night, $49 bucks. And it's a 13 gallon tank. Not like I'm driving a F350 or something. Makes me glad my commute is from the bedroom to the couch.