Thursday, January 17, 2008

Margot & the Nuclear So and So's



Random notes for Thursday night...



  • If you're itnerested in joining an on-line music club, I'd suggest eMusic. I got roped in when I saw an ad in Rolling Stone -- their offer of 25 free tracks hooked me. And I've stuck around for about, oh, four months so far. It's $9.99 a month, and that gets me about three CDs a month. (It also keeps me out of Best Buy a bit, though I did drop some cash at Love Garden last weekend -- I got Air, Against Me! and the new BBoys) eMusic is all indy music, so you won't find Green day or the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but they do have some big-name bands, and some really great small bands. So far I've downloaded: The White Stripes, Elliott Smith, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Arcade Fire, Cake, Spoon, The Eels, Rakim, Harvey Danger, John Lee Hooker, Minus the Bear, Soul Coughing, and yes, Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, who I'd also reccomend. Great voice, a little Elliott Smith but not as sad. (If you do sign up, let me know so I can get my free 50 downloads for sending business thier way.)

  • Played like crap tonight in the b-ball game. I started off badly, finding out that I only had one contact lens 20 minutes before the game. After I ran to the eye doctor, I made it to the game five minutes late. Immediately checked in and shot an airball from three-point land. I think I was 0-for-6 from the field, including having one shot blocked. Pretty happy with my defense though, I believe my guy only scored 2 points on the evening, and for a while I was guarding their 3-point shooter who ended up hurting us down the stretch. Anyway, we lost, 61-52. Tough start to the season, we had one tech and quite a bit of bickering with the other team, the refs and each other.

  • I'm taking tomorrow off work -- a day of vacation! I figure I better take it easy for a day before my travel schedule heats up, and with the Golf Industry Show right around the corner, I'm going to be running around a lot. Tomorrow, I hope to work on the guest bedroom, then read a magazine, then have a margarita.

  • Happy birthday to comic book amigo Travis Sweeten, who turns 31 today.

  • Happy birthday to co-worker Shelly Howard, who turns 30 today.

3 comments:

tsweeten said...

Thanks, man. You have nothing to worry about as turning 31 is just as depressing as turning 30. Something to look forward to in a few months.

Monster Monkey said...

Hey, man
Shoot me some tracks off the Margot & the Nuked So & So's

You got me curious....just a couple, emailed. If I dig it- you might get your 50 free.

I've been looking for something new.

mar said...

I'm better in my 30s than I've ever been at any other time in my life. Not depressing at all (or at least no more than usual).