Sunday, March 6, 2016

Virginia, Evey and Baby Vale

Picture is of Jason and Jackie's little girl, Vale, pictured a few weekends ago at Jason's birthday get-together at the farm. I appreciate Baby Vale looking right at the camera when I said, "say cheeseburger!"

***

Evey, Judy and Virginia went up to Omaha on Saturday for Sylvia's 2nd birthday. It sounds like everyone had fun, although Evey did report there was a "mean girl" at the party. It wasn't Rosalina, Virginia or Judy, she says...

***

Boydee had a really good morning this a.m., and did everything Adrianne asked of him -- get dressed, get your shoes on, eat breakfast, give me the remote, it's my turn to watch TV, etc. 

Oftentimes he's stubborn, and sometimes he'll have a meltdown when he's watching his shows and Adrianne says, "my turn, Bub." We tell him it's not a big deal, and he usually moves on within a few minutes... but it's better when he's just a good boy and doesn't make a big fuss.

It seems like he might be getting closer to that age where he understands actions/consequences, sharing, etc.

Like any four-year-old, he has his good moments and bad moments.

***

I had a list of chores to do today, and I feel like I got a good amount of them done. The best one is I cleaned/organized the garage. (When it's cold out, I let the garage get a little out of hand.)

After I got done cleaning the garage, Adro and the kids were still out and about, so I assembled a new  bike for Boydee. It's a bike with training wheels (he previously just had trikes.) We took it to the park this afternoon, and he took to it pretty quickly. 

***

Today I went downstairs and opened the hallway closet to put the batteries away. I caught a whiff of something awful. I told Adrianne to be on alert... either there's something dead inside the closet, or I farted and didn't realize it.

Evey and Adro both later did a smell check on the closet. Turns out I farted.

***

Guess what I had for breakfast today? Enchiladas and eggs! (Or Magas, as Adrianne calls it — no one knows why.)

***

Bought new CDs and Love Garden: Zero 7, Alt J, Portishead and Ratatat. 

***

Boydee was quite excited that one of his classmates brought a baby cow (some might call it a calf, I suppose) to school.

That kid did just do a microphone drop for the next few months' worth of show and shares, huh?

***

Evey's is doing state assessment tests at school. This has her a little stressed out. She takes it very seriously.

She even missed most of a recess recently, to finish her math test up.

***

Went and watched the KU/ISU game at Johnny's with Ted on Saturday. That was fun. Great season for the Jayhawks, I remember at the beginning of the season, guys at Sunday pick-up were complaining about this team, saying they weren't even likable.

Well, I like this team, a lot. I started to like them better and better as the season went on.

Hopeful for a great March Madness... and hopeful to see the 'Hawks play into April... 

No comments: