Saturday, December 12, 2015

Suspicious turkey


Boyd may have unintentionally named my fantasy football team next year: Suspicious Turkey.

It was a weekday morning, 7:15 in the morning, Boydee munching on some lousy breakfast cereal at the island in the kitchen. He suddenly started staring through me like I wasn't there. I thought maybe he was half-asleep... turns out, he was staring at the artwork hanging on the refrigerator door (pictured). 

"Dad, my turkey is suspicious," Boyd says to me. I'm a little shocked that there's a suspicious turkey in the house... and by Boyd's use of the word.

"Why is that, Boydee," I ask, looking at his turkey on the fridge.

"It has too many feathers," he says. "And there's no mouth... a turkey needs a mouth."

"And maybe because it has three eyes?" I ask.

"NO, DAD," Boyd says. "It's supposed to have three eyes...!"


No comments: